By Sami Zaptia.
London, June 21, 2021:
The president of the Libyan Business Council, Abdalla Al-Fellah, on Sunday met a delegation of Tunisian companies led by the president of the Tunisian Association for International Development and Investment, Lazhar Ben Younes, at the LBC headquarters in Tripoli .
The delegation included a number of Tunisian businessmen, the president of the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Medenine and the Director of the Spaces of Economic Activities in Zarzis.
The Tunisian Association for International Development and Investment organized the Djerba International Business Forum (DIBF) in which the LBC and a large Libyan delegation participated in Djerba from May 27 to 28.
LBC reported that the meeting, which included some of the Libyan participants in the DIBF, discussed:
- The results of the DIBF.
- The foundations on which bilateral cooperation should take place.
- How to deal with the obstacles and problems faced by businessmen in both countries.
- Seeking to activate the economic agreements concluded between the two countries.
- Monitoring of the issue of Libyan money seized in Tunisian banks.
- Reject and condemn illegal organizations claiming to represent Libyan and Tunisian entrepreneurs.
The two sides also agreed to put in place a cooperation agreement which includes:
- Exchange information on investment and employment opportunities and investors from both sides.
- Work on opening a special corridor for business leaders at border crossings.
- Study the establishment of a free zone at the Ras Ajdir border post.
Several results of the Djerba International Business Forum unveiled | (libyaherald.com)
Zliten Chamber of Commerce President Summarizes Solutions to Improve Libyan-Tunisian Trade at Djerba Forum | (libyaherald.com)
Djerba International Business Forum May 27-28 – kick-off with large Libyan participation | (libyaherald.com)
Zliten Chamber of Commerce meets South African Ambassador to discuss increased economic cooperation | (libyaherald.com)