Ennovate supports Entain’s ambition to be a global leader in interactive entertainment, delivering great products and moments of excitement for customers. As media, entertainment and games converge, customers expect richer experiences, with greater variety of content, immersive experiences, personalization and social interaction that increase their enjoyment and engagement.
Early technology companies to work with Ennovate include Verizon, BT and Theta Labs, all of which seek to develop groundbreaking customer experiences in gaming and interactive entertainment. Non-profit organizations are also collaborating with Ennovate, using technology for innovations that bring societal and environmental benefits. All external partners will collaborate with Entain’s own technical team and use the Ennovate hub to design, develop, experiment and bring their innovations to life.
“We want to lead the way with exciting new products and experiences for customers and use our cutting-edge technology to innovate sports, games and interactive entertainment for the metaverse,” said Jette Nygaard-Andersenmanaging director of Entain.
“We also want to use our position as a global technology leader to drive innovation on a larger scale. Working with partners around the world, Ennovate will demonstrate how Entain’s cutting-edge technology can both revolutionize consumer experiences and deliver real benefits to society,” she added.
Ennovate’s first dedicated innovation lab will be located in Charterhouse Square, Farringdon, in the heart of London entrepreneurial tech community, close to the UK headquarters of TikTok and Snapchat. It will host members of Entain’s innovation technology team, working alongside its business and nonprofit partners.
Inaugurated this spring, the place is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, in order to create a unique environment in which to build and experience new entertainment experiences. These will include the development of new entertainment products for the Metaverse, a virtual reality space where people can interact in a computer-generated environment.
The centerpiece of this and future Ennovate Labs will be an Experience Zone, allowing customers, investors, partners and employees to try out new, immersive experiences in sports, games and interactive entertainment.
“Our goal is to bring to life the most exciting experiences in immersive sports, gaming and interactive entertainment as the metaverse takes shape,” said Sandep Tiku, chief operating officer at Entain, which leads its work on disruptive innovation. “By working with partners, we believe we can achieve great things faster, both for customers and to apply these technologies and skills to benefit society at large.”
Ennovate will initially present:
New consumer products and experiences to drive immersive entertainment
- Non-fungible tokens (NFT), or unique digital collectible assets, that Entain develops for the Group’s brands. Partypoker today announces plans to launch its first official Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) soon, powered by Theta Labs. NFTs are unique, non-fungible certificates of authenticity of digital files, which may include items such as artwork, music, video, or tweets. Partypoker NFTs will feature some of the most iconic video moments and tournament hands in partypoker and partypoker LIVE history.
- Immersive experiences in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) will also be presented and developed at the Ennovate Hub. These will include a pioneering multi-sport club experience in virtual reality, which the Group will launch shortly.
- VR arcades. Entain will make immersive experiences available to customers on the high street, converting two locations into new VR retail experience zones where consumers will soon be able to try ground-breaking new experiences in immersive sports and interactive entertainment for themselves- same. Entain is working on innovations for VR in retail and plans to open its first VR arcades later this year.
Entain builds relationships and partnerships with technology innovators and companies, based in the UK and around the world, through the Ennovate hub. Initial technology partners include:
- Verizon, one of the world’s leading digital communications providers, is one of the first major technology companies to work with Entain to build the Ennovate 5G Lab and explore the power of 5G to deliver immersive customer experiences in the field of sports and entertainment. Additionally, the two companies are collaborating to deliver more immersive and connected gaming experiences in international markets, including the United States.
- LV will partner with Ennovate Hub to explore new immersive products and experiences. As one of the UK’s largest investors in technology R&D, BT will work with Ennovate to bring the power of its cutting-edge 5G connectivity, high-speed fixed networks and explore the use of edge computing to provide bespoke services and disruptive experiences to Entain customers in the UK, delivering immersive experiences in sports, games and interactive entertainment.
- Theta Laboratories, which provides end-to-end infrastructure for decentralized video and powers NFT and metaverse platforms, is working with Entain to launch a white label NFT platform for partypoker customers. Entain technologists will work further with Theta Labs to use its technology in video streaming, metaverse, gaming and more.
Accelerator and incubator programs
- The Ennovate Hub will host accelerator and incubator programs, combining disruptive innovative ideas, technology and startup entrepreneurship with Entain’s unparalleled experience serving millions of customers worldwide.
- The accelerator will initially invest up to £5 million in individual initiatives to develop and boost innovative concepts to revolutionize interactive entertainment, as well as new technologies that deliver societal benefits in line with Entain’s sustainability agenda.
- Ennovate is already inviting startups focused on immersive customer experiences, interactive entertainment, and the metaverse to be part of this accelerator program, which will officially launch this summer.
- The first Ennovate laboratory will open in Farringdon, London in spring. It will house on-site experimentation work involving approximately 50 full-time Entain developers and software engineers working on disruptive technologies around the world.
Non-profit and ESG partnerships
Entain wants the advanced technology and innovations being developed at the Ennovate hub to deliver environmental and societal benefits. Nonprofit partners will have access to Ennovate’s technology expertise and workspace, as well as additional support and funding through Ennovate. Initial partnerships include:
- chance for childhoodan award-winning charity that supports vulnerable children through Africawill work with technologists from the Ennovate hub on an innovative mobile app that digitizes and leverages Chance for Childhood’s breakthrough approach to detecting hidden disabilities and developmental delays in preschoolers Africa. Entain’s technology, using artificial intelligence, will promote personalized and play-based learning for children with disabilities and special educational needs (SEN), which will go a long way towards improving their lives and their learning prospects.
- Climate Hack.AI Also through Ennovate, as joint lead sponsor with Newcross Healthcare, Entain will fund and support Climate Hack.AI, an international competition that features some of the brightest students from 25 of the world’s top universities such as University College London , Stanford, Harvard, MIT, Oxford and Cambridge – seeking to use artificial intelligence to help fight climate change. The first competition is now underway and focuses on designing algorithms using satellite imagery of the Earth to predict the movement of weather fronts over the UK – an important step in the pipeline to predict weather production. solar energy and, subsequently, to reduce the amount of backup power needed to be produced by carbon-based generators.
Through train, the Group’s global D&I technology initiative, the Group will also explore new opportunities for collaboration within the Ennovate hub to improve the representation of women in STEM industries. Existing partners include Girls Who Code, a nonprofit Entain supports to attract more young women to the tech industry, and the Tech Girls Movement Foundation, which challenges perceptions of gender that limit women’s participation. girls in STEM.
Through its non-profit Foundation, the Group also works with The Berlin University of Technology and the Nexus Institute develop international training for executives to strengthen diversity in research and development and University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)to support internships for graduates who will work alongside Entain’s US-based global innovation team at UNLV Harry Reid Research and Technology Park.